Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The cold, hard Truth about MLMs

I made a promise to you in my last post that when I found a business that would work for everyone that I would return and share it with you.

I have been involved with many different online businesses. Too many to name. I have had varying degrees of success with them. Seems that when I found something that showed potential to earn me a decent income, well something seemed to go wrong. Sound familiar? I have tried just about all forms of money-making ventures that you can think of online.

In the past few months I have researched countless multi-level-marketing programs to see if any of them will really benefit the novice and/or intermediate marketer. My findings have been dismal at best. Lots of promises, but limited results. So my suggestion is to stay away from this type of online business. Like I already said, I am directing this blog message to the little guy. Those heavy hitters with established lead/mailing lists will prey on you, and eat you alive. After all, that's how they earn money, by suckering you into their MLM! They will say things like this... "guaranteed spill over, spill under, blah blah, will make you lots of money" or "just join me and do nothing because my Co-op will build your business for you". Yeah right. I can not in good conscious recommend any of them as a primary business.

Right now I am looking at different kinds of internet opportunities, ones that strongly emphasize helping others to be successful first. I will elaborate on them more in future posts, if they measure up to my criteria of integrity and profitability.